Sunday, May 8, 2011

Barcelona - Man United : Preview 1a

I’ve been accused of letting my personal feelings shadow objective judgment of ability. Let me make one thing clear, I do NOT hate Manu.. not because of the usual “they’re not important enough to hate” or “the word hate isn’t strong enough” or even the “me football zen, like Ji Sung Park, Om” , but because I’m a liar. I hate Manu..a lot...hate them 120%














After Valencia crashed out, I didn’t have any stakes left in the UCL. So as a neutral impassioned fan who just wants to see good football (i.e Barcelona), nothing would give me greater pleasure than to watch Manu get dominated and humiliated, though I suspect some of them are into that kind of thing…
















To say the Reds are going to, for 90 minutes on 28th May, desperately run around like dogs chasing their own tails would be unfair. To dogs...who eventually catch their tails, or get thrown a bone and forget the tail. Of course, it is entirely possible Javier “Deferred Liability” Mascherano ends up throwing a bone too sometime (hopefully one from Valencia’s ankle), so Manu fans will hope Rooney/Chichi (or as Park would say “xi xi”) have enough running left in them to take advantage of it. Is Fergie brave enough not to ask the front 2 to drop back and push Xavi, Busquets in possession? Di Maria was able to take advantage of Busquets too-short pass to Xavi in the second leg to start Higuain’s disallowed goal (but that’s a story for another day…haha stoopid Ronaldo) since he was no longer asked to push Villa unlike in the first leg. Unfortunately for the contest, instead of pressurizing Masch (with a feather, otherwise he might start rolling around in pain), Rooney might just spend his time playing 4 corners with Xavi, Busquets, Alves and Pique while Masch snickers away at the spectacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment