Thursday, March 8, 2012

Links Zwei-Drei-Vier....Funf.




















The formal scientific proclamation that after years of simulated experimentation they still have no explanation for the non-human that is Messi, shouldn't hinge on last night's 5-goal haul, but for approval-seeking sell-outs like me, events like this game make for much better-supported conversations with chorus ooh-aah's than my previous attempts at discussing his mutant nature after a scoreless game where he only waltzed past every dungeon and dragon possible for 90 minutes without stopping. Hauls like these make you wistfully hope each of his goals be counted for two of Cristiano's brutish tap ins and indiscriminate battery - but that being said, it wasn't a lighthouse game for Messi on the manic-dribbling spider act front. But anyway, Holy sh*t did you see last night's game?? I know right!!! Like oh..my..god he is..sooo...amazing!! #oneoftheguys

On the links front, Sid Lowe continues to be part of my "blindly wopen and read it that one" list of internet schedule, joining mainstays like metal storm (did I mention Barren Earth's latest is expectedly exquisite...), Cyanide & Happiness, Wild-iyengar-boys-in-siliguri.com (whose last chapter I was forced to miss out on due to annoying trip home....), and Braille.com - with his heart-warming Bielsa piece that I recommend reading before tonight's game. This Michael Cox statzone preview had a bit on Pep's criticism of Cesc that was a scary echo of what this blog has been doggedly barking about. And finally, courtesy Tazim, a nice but unambiguous shot in the nads article for all us seriously sitting and making blogs with self important analytical bullcrap hoping some data crunch scout for a big Football Club stumbles upon it and signs us up...as Pep's replacement. Did I say us, I mean me. It's a real cut throat world in this intrigue filled ex-blogger now-coach field.

No comments:

Post a Comment