Saturday, April 14, 2012

Manchester Reloaded





















It's entirely conceivable that the Manchester is a world that's been pulled over our eyes to hide us from the truth that they suck, at least looking at the ManU zombies patrolling the world. I've mentioned before how much fun it was to hate ManU back when they had Nistelrooys, Ronaldos, and Beckhams, now it's just sad. Looking at the anonymity of their side, and odd stale weak spate of negativity at Giggs, Scholes, and Rooney - all hate has really boiled down to residual and proxy hate aimed at their utterly contemptible fan base. Nani and Anderson arrived at ManU to much glee from me, 2 ugly mugs from Portugal, could I need any more high octane hydrocarbon for my hate furnace! Nani kept up his end of the bargain and made for many a fun filled moment of enjoyable expletive throwing and mutilative imagery, but Anderson has let me down completely. When ManU were running out of things for me to hate, when I needed him the most, he gave injury plagued seasons, and sometimes the sheer audacity to actually have a vaguely goodish game here and there (think no further than 8-2 Arsenal haha, my ManU hate was at its all time record nadir that night). But all that aside, nothing exemplifies his treachery more than giving up his place to a bunch of absolute nobodies like Cleverley.

The Central MF is the first person I really look for in a side, I can't really call a side good without a good Central MF, sides are made or brade by the quality of their Central MF's (hint : so I guess it's clear what position I play......... Leftback haha). I know Anderson keeled over with a seriousy knee injury last year, but I assume he's back but just down the pecking order, behind all of Carrick, Giggs, Scholes, and Cleverley. That's just depressing, much like the first two episodes of Game of Thrones season 2, coz all the non-annoying characters are the ones you know eventually.... said too much? Not that Nigel de Jong or Gareth Barry are much better in the non-anonymity and talent categories, but at least there's Yaya and theoretically Pizarro. I wish I knew enough about EPL to continue this post analyzing how ManU have pulled off (pretty much) the league with quite possibly the least talented team of the top 7-8 teams. Frankly, (I don't give a damn, but also.. - ) I'm surprised none of our usual google reader football feeds have ever cast a contemptuous eye on ManU's upward class mobility this season, leading me to believe the rest of EPL is just as talentless and anonymous (not that I didn't hold that belief anyway). Off for debauchery, need to wash off this dirty feeling of EPL talk with river of sin. Meanwhile Madrid tonight to condemn Gijon further, and Barca to help Valencia extend their gap over Levante.

No comments:

Post a Comment