Saturday, May 12, 2012

Narzidamus Returns























Last day of football till Euro (not remotely interested in the UCL finals, though I'll watch it anyway just to boo both of them, and still haven't found a streaming site for the Copa del rey finals) so here's my customary lord of destiny post for the critical games in Liga and Serie A tonight. Far as Liga goes, I see no reason to change the final round predictions I made last week - though on review there's far too much dollop of hopeful biasedness, in the form of Zaragoza beating Getafe (who admittedly have nothing left to play for, but are in good form and have an annoying propensity to beat teams I like) , Villarreal beating Atletico (little less irrational since I expect Malaga to thump Gijon and seal UCL, while Bilbao should win at Levante though I'm going for a draw there - in essence sealing Atletico's Europa place regardless) and Rayo beating Granada (my head says Draw, but that means Rayo goes down and Granada stays up...so some generous dollopness required here) - these aside, only other result I'd change from original prediction basis last week's performance is probably Sevilla snatching a late draw at Espanyol instead of losing.

Over to Serie A, where I need to significantly up my prediction accuracy,
AC Novara - pointless win for AC
Juve Atalanta - Win seals an invincible season
Cesena Roma - Roma win another pointless game to end a miserable season for them, no Europe next season
Parma Bologna - could be an entertaining draw, but purely on form Parma win, no real consequence though
Catania Udinese - Udinese win and seal UCL
Chievo Lecce - on to the 4 games of actual consequence, last week I'd imagined Lecce to take a point at Fiorentina and win at Verona to escape relegation at the expense of Genoa, but after losing to Viola I'm not so sure anymore. I'm going for a draw, which means Lecce go down to Serie B
Genoa Palermo - Palermo slipping down steadily, but should do enough to grab a draw - if Genoa lose this and Lecce win at Verona, Genoa get relegated on goal difference, but can't really see Lecce winning...
Lazio Inter - game of the night, Europa league up for grabs, no room for biasedness since I hate both teams, and I think they've both burned themselves out in the past 2 months so dull draw for me, so in hindsight I guess it's not game of the night after all. no europe for Inter next season haha stupid Inter.
Napoli Siena - Napoli win and seal Europa.

No comments:

Post a Comment