Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Porto U A FuckUp















Who really gives a shit about the UEFA Cup. Me. Who really gives a shit who DOESN’T have nothing to do except switch between Ten Action and Star World (I just watched Motherwell vs Dundee....) – Noone.


Lets halt a minute to give my fellow punaltyshooters time to revolve an entire post around above mentioned joblessness... “Preview 1b,c” I believe...i should name this post “I love arsenal”. The last really interesting UEFA Cup (and I put that mildly, it was gripping enough to make me give up all the sex I wasn’t getting in the first place) was in 2003-04 (OK yes Valencia won...but ALSO it was the year of the most boring Champions league EVER. Except the greatest football match I’ve ever seen : Depor vs. AC 2nd leg... holy drool batman). But this dying cup has suffered from Valencia deciding to grace the Champions League ever since (just to increase the tournament’s glamour after the 2003-04 disaster).

That being said, that year Sevilla retained the Cup was pretty cool (3 liga teams in the semis!) and obviously watching Forlan rip out English hearts last year was excellent, but overall I realized today that I’ve seen absolutely no UEFA Cup matches that didn’t feature liga teams (though boring ass Sevilla does not count as liga). So even though I vowed to boycott this year’s edition after Villarreal was dumped out, I will be watching the finals tonight. And cheering for a cataclysmic event (Slightly bigger than Polly’s tsunami, but also slightly smaller than the asteroid flung out of Arachnid quarantine zone Klendathu in Starship Troopers) that will rid the world of 2 Portuguese teams... good riddance. God I hate Portugal. (Any Portuguese Supermodels reading this, I’m just kidding...)

No comments:

Post a Comment