Saturday, February 11, 2012

CFJ4 - UCL Blues


















1st knockout of UCL beckons this week, and it immediately hits me just how few teams I actually like here. ManU and ManC halving the English detritus should have made the air a lot cleaner, but with no Valencia, Roma, Juve - I'm left with tournament favorites Napoli, Might-just-surprise-you-with-pacy-football-upset Zenit, and of course dark horse underdogs Barca. Against a seething mass of my most despised set of teams in Chelsea, Arsenal, AC, Inter, Bayern, and Benfica (who in their defense, have put out the ad for old elephants to come and die, in the process collecting my ex favorites Aimar and Saviola, as well as Maxi Pereira). Marseille, Nicosia, Bayer not worth my noticing and Lyon as usual get a free ride through to the quarters. Overall, happy for the chance to see Maggio and Lavezzi a little more, in a season where Napoli games have been criminally under broadcasted by Neo (I mean the channel, not Keanu Reeves... OR DO I...............). Preparing for another 180 minutes of Chelsea blockade and Napoli attacks, though Dossena and Hamsik in particular have been disappointing considering their excellent seasons last year, but Maggio has picked up most of the slack in MF, Inler has been exciting, and Lavezzi continues to make me spend 20 bucks for a nice bout of creamy frothy delight covered by a chocolatey layer of indulgence. Of course that might be Lavazza, I get mixed up in these troubled times of impending defeat by English pig dogs :(

Been a little annoyed with Cavani's trigger happiness this season, he was a lot more restrained in possession retention last year, and more than little annoyed at increased appearances for Zuniga, not his biggest fan. Need Maggio fit, Lavezzi in the mood, and Cavani sharp and hoping the quarters are an England Free Zone. For the matches that count - Barca 3-0 away at Leverkusen, Arsenal 1-1 at Milan in one of those games I watch just hoping for a major crowd invasion and player violence murder suicide total annihilation kind of scenarios before blinking myself awake to the dullness of real life, Madrid 2-0 in Russia, Chelsea 0-1 in Naples, Inter and Bayern ho hum blech. Robben to get decapitated by stray flying rapier and ..blink blink... goddammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment